Review & Giveaway: Perricone MD Advanced Face Firming Activator
For about the past month, through the courtesy of Perricone, I have been using Perricone MD’s Advanced Face Firming Activator. I’d have to say that I’m actually really impressed by it. Normally I’m skeptical of any sort of skin care product and will just use whatever I can get for the moment as long as it doesn’t make my face oily.
Advanced Face Firming Activator transforms skin to appear firm, toned and absolutely glowing, while preventing further damage. Formulated with Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE that work synergistically to visibly resurface skin’s texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reveal a radiant and healthy complexion. Paraben-free.
Alpha Lipoic Acid – Patented
- The ultimate antioxidant protects the cell
- Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration
- Refines skin texture
- Reduces pore size, puffiness, imperfections and uneven skin tone
DMAE – Patented
- Provides ultimate contouring benefits to skin beginning to lose elasticity
- Delivers lifted, tightened and toned appearance to the skin
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Locks in moisture to help diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Hydrates to renew suppleness in the skin
Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, L-Tyrosine, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Hydroxylated Lecithin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Urea, Glycosaminoglycans, Ceteareth-20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Bisabolol, Zinc Sulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Pyridoxine HCl, Citric Acid, Pantethine, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, BHT, Tocotrienols, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Copper Gluconate.
This product has actually done something for me that I’ve noticed unlike other skin care products. I only use it once a day (as per the directions), typically in the morning underneath my makeup or alone. It is not oily at all on my face (I have combination oily skin in the summer, and combination dry during the cooler months) and applies very smoothly. I have noticed that it makes my pores appear smaller and also softens the fine lines around my eye area (they’re very fine but noticeable to me) as well as the fine lines I have on my forehead. I also noticed that it tend to help my foundation apply better and keeps it from smearing and smudging over my face. I have some slight redness on my cheeks and AFFA also helps to tone down the redness. The only thing I’m not too fond of when it comes to this product is the scent. When I first pumped out the product, I noticed it had a nice floral scent to it. Once I applied it though, I noticed that I could definitely smell the omega-3 oils in the product (omega-3 oils are typically found in fish such as tuna, salmon, and halibut to name a few). However, I got used to the aroma and now I don’t even notice it all that much.
- Lightweight. Not oily or greasy.
- Reduces the size of my pores.
- Absorbs quickly into skin.
- Evens discoloration in skin.
- Pump that comes with the bottle doesn’t pump out a lot of product. (Pro for me, cause then I’m not using too much and wasting the product).
- Weird omega-3 scent (but like I said, the more often you wear it, the less you notice it).
- The price tag. $120 is a lot to spend…but I have a fear that I may be hooked on this product. Eep!
Now for the fun news for you guys. Do you want to try out this product? Better yet…do you want to try it out for free? If you’re a US resident, all you have to do to enter the giveaway is leave a comment.
There’s a couple of catches though.
- When you leave a comment below, tell me why you need a skin care product like this and what other products you’ve used that have or haven’t worked.
- Please be sure to use a valid email when leaving a comment so I can contact you to get your shipping information.
- Only one entry per person.
- Open to US residents only.
- The winner will be chosen at random via Random.org‘s Third-Party Draw Service.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST November 19th, 2009.
- Winner will be notified and announced on November 20th, 2009.
- Once a winner is chosen, you will be contacted by me for your shipping information.
Good luck to you all!
***Disclaimer:*** Representatives of Perricone MD has provided me with a sample of Advanced Face Firming Activator for review and is sponsoring this giveaway. My thoughts and opinions on the product have not been influenced in any way due to this compensation. In fact, I wouldn’t be hosting the giveaway if I didn’t stand behind the product. :)