Weight Loss Update – Week 2
Let me just say this before we go any further…Could Youtube have picked a worse spot to get a thumbnail of the video?!? Moving on…
It’s the end of the first week and I actually feel pretty darn good for myself. I kind of left some things out of the video though. On top of being aware of my calorie and fat intake, I’ve been drinking TONS of water. No seriously. TONS of water. I heard (and then read) somewhere that the normal 8-8 oz. glasses of water a day isn’t enough and that you should be drinking more water depending on your weight and the amount of exercise you get in in a day. I can’t remember the exact equation but by the time I did the equation according to my weight, I should be drinking approximately 4 liters of water a day so that has been my goal. Unfortunately I forgot to drink water one day (yes, it is possible for me to forget to drink fluids) which was the day I got the pounding headache and didn’t work out on the elliptical. Since then though, I’ve made it a point to remember to drink water…mainly cause I don’t want to have a headache again like I had that day!
As for calories, I mentioned that my goal is to stay under 2009 calories a day. I’ve managed to do that with flying colors. According to my handy-dandy little calorie counter that I have on my iPhone, I’ve actually managed to stay under 2009 calories all week by an average of about 1,000+ calories a day! And I’m not even starving myself! I have 3 meals a day (if I get up early enough to have “breakfast”, lol) plus 2 snacks. If I wake up closer to lunch time, then I have brunch (usually of bowl of some type of whole grain cereal with skim milk) and a fruit. My average calorie consumption per day was 759.17 after including exercising. Before including exercise, my average calorie consumption for the week was 1225.33. That leaves an average of me burning about 466.17 calories a day from working out. And that’s including me skipping a couple of days at the gym. Not too shabby if I say so myself.
My goals for this week are going to be the following:
1. Increase my time and workout level at the gym. I’m hoping to not skip out on the gym, and if I do, then I am going to at least make an adequate attempt at doing the same level of working out else where. I’ll be up in Clarksville, and my friends that I’m staying with have a Wii. She said she was planning on getting the WiiFit this weekend. I’m really eager to try it out because I have been bugging my husband about getting one for the past year now! Haha!
2. Continue drinking lots and lots of water! Minus the one day I forgot to drink water (I got sidetracked doing video editing…anything I do that requires a lot of attention on the computer, I tend to forget normal survival skills! Ha!), I did pretty well throughout this week. I’ve gotten quite used to drinking water and, I believe, have nipped the whole soda addiction in the butt. I have always made it a point to not keep soda in the house because I know that I will always reach for a soda instead of water. Therefore, because of that weakness, it doesn’t even make it’s way into my shopping cart at the grocery store.
3. Continue calorie counting. I’m starting to notice that I’m becoming more aware of what I take in and of what is on my plate. I’m wanting to continue this mentality because I’m finding that it’s working really well for me so far.
4. Become more aware of my sodium intake and my fat intake. Although my fat intake tends to go hand-in-hand with my calorie intake, it’s still good to know what I’m taking in as far as fat is concerned. And when it comes to sodium, well, I’d really like to not retain all the water I’m taking in.
5. Remember to take my vitamins!! This is something that I’m REALLY bad at. First off, I hate, and I mean HATE taking vitamins. I have a hard enough time taking pills in the first place (even small ones), and taking a horse-sized vitamin pill never sounds appealing to me. I always have to “hide” or “disguise” the fact that I’m taking vitamins by tricking myself and take them while I’m eating. Anyhoo, I’ve read that B-Complex vitamins help to aid in metabolism as well as chromium picolinate. I’ve had these vitamins for a while, and while they’re not really that big, I still hate taking them (the taste always gets me.) I also have some vitamins from GNC that I want to start taking again…Ultra-NourisHair and Hair, Skin & Nails formula for Women. I was taking those vitamins before too, after chopping off my hair and have decided that I want to get back on them again. Here’s to eating horse pills!
My husband felt the need to interrupt my blogging to add a note. So I’ll leave it as a closing remark.
“I’m very proud of my frannie! love johnny”
Ain’t he sweet? :)