New Year’s Resolutions
With 2008 come and gone (where the heck did it go so fast??) and 2009 already on it’s way, I figured I’d bite the bullet and share with you what my resolutions are for the New Year. I say bite the bullet cause even though I can be as easy going as they come, there are a couple of issues that I am pretty sensitive about. Ok, there’s just one issue but it’s my #1 resolution, which is why I have been hesitant to share. Either way, here’s my New Year’s resolutions for 2009:
- Lose weight. Yep. That’s the one I have issues with. My weight has always been an issue with me and I’ve had a rough history with this topic when it comes to my parents. I feel like I’ve gotten over those issues but since I seem to have this feeling of “shame” when it comes to talking about my weight and actually doing something about it, I guess I actually haven’t completely gotten over those issues. Oh goody. As an added bonus for helping me to actually stay on this resolution and not fail it, I will be doing youtube video blogs on my other youtube channel, TalofaTeine1207. I haven’t put a video up yet or my stats, though. Hey! One day at a time. It took a lot of courage for me to even put this damn resolution up here!
- Exercise more. I guess this one goes hand in hand with #1. I view it separately though. Here’s why. In my head, me wanting to lose weight has more to do with the looks and beauty side of it (as well as with self-esteem issues) rather than with the health side, which is where the exercising falls under. Either way, I want to exercise more so I can be more fit and climb a flight of stairs without getting slightly winded.
- Eat healthier. While my eating habits aren’t all THAT bad, they could still be better. And once again, you could say this falls under resolution #1, but see my explanation for #2 and apply it to this one as well. Haha.
- Save money and get my finances in order. Lucky me, my grace period for my student loans has come to a close and I am now having to make payments on those lovely little suckers. My goal is to get them paid off as soon as I can but to also be reasonable about how much money I’m shoveling into those loans since I still need to eat and all.
- Be a better friend to this world I’m living on. Let’s face it. Just like how we all age and get on in our years, this earth is doing the same thing. And just how there are foods and activities that we should avoid since they speed up the aging process, there are many things that I can do (that we all can do) to help our little planet be happy. So I’m going to be more green friendly. I actually started this resolution last year and was pretty good with it. But in order to still stay good with it, I’m making it one of this year’s resolutions to always remind me.
So, now that I’ve shared mine, what are some of your resolutions for 2009? And by the way, I now I’m a bit late and all (better late than never) but I wish you all a very, very Happy New Year and I wish for much health and happiness for you and your family for 2009 and for many years to come!
**EDIT:** I forgot to add one more New Year’s resolution…to stop biting my nails. I’m subscribed to all these great nail polish blogs but my nails look horrible to paint anything on cause they’re always so short. So yeah. I’ve got my O.P.I. Nail Envy strengthener and I’m on my way long, luxurious, gorgeously painted nails. :)